Cooking as ONE: Andre’s Pancake with Banana & Blueberry White Wine Compote
Cooking as ONE: Pancake with Banana & Blueberry White Wine Compote
Andre's Pancake with Banana & Blueberry White Wine Compote
- 2 cups (260g) all purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons (52g) of sugar
- 4 teaspoons of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 ½ cups (360ml) milk
- 4 tablespoons (52g) butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 125g of Blueberries, Morrocan preferred
- 3 tablespoons of white wine
- 5 tablespoons of water
- 1 ½ tablespoons of sugar
- Maple syrup
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine the egg, milk, butter and vanilla extract.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, and gently fold them together until well-combined. (Tip: Ensure the batter is still slightly lumpy, and don’t over-mix it otherwise it won’t be fluffy enough. Batter should be relatively thick, but still easy to pour.)
- Heat the non-stick pan over medium-low heat.
- Melt a little butter to grease the pan. Pour batter onto the pan and let it spread out into a round pancake.
- Cook until bubbles appear on the surface of the pancake, and then flip. Cook until golden.
- For the Blueberry White Wine Compote, add in 125g of blueberries, 3 tablespoons of white wine, 5 tablespoons of water, 1 ½ tablespoons of sugar into a pot over medium-low heat.
- Allow it to simmer for about 4 minutes, and you’re done!
- Stack the pancakes high, slice the bananas, and add a generous amount of your Blueberry White Wine Compote.
- Finish off with maple syrup and you’re ready to serve!
Head over to ONE FM's Facebook Page @onefm913 and participate in our weekly Cooking as ONE contest and guess the DJ who cooked the dish of the week! Prizes to be given away, tune in to ONE FM 91.3 to find out more!