Cooking as ONE: Angel’s Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
Cooking as ONE: Angel's Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
Angel's Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Coconut oil, solid not melted (Put in the fridge to harden)
- Brown sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Baking soda
- Gluten free flour
- Vegan chocolate chips
- Plant-based milk
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree celsius.
- Add sugar and hardened coconut oil to a bowl and mash with a fork until it’s well-combined (you should get a creamy consistency, with no coconut oil chunks).
- Add the vanilla extract, plant-based milk and cocoa powder.
- Mix well until everything is well combined.
- Add the baking soda and salt and mix again.
- Put the entire bowl into the fridge, and let it chill for about 15 - 30 minutes to firm up the coconut oil. This will prevent your cookies from flattening and spreading out too much when you’re baking them.
- Once hardened, add flour and stir again. Add the chocolate chips and stir until combined. Make sure not to over-stir the mixture.
- Make balls with your hands, place them onto a lined baking sheet, press them down just a little bit and evenly distribute.
- Make sure they have about 5cm between them because the cookies will expand in the oven.
- Bake for 12 - 15 minutes or until they’re lightly golden brown and the top looks set.
- Let them cool for 5 minutes on a baking sheet before transferring them to a cooling rack and then let them cool completely.
- Once they’re cooled down, they’re ready to be eaten or stored for later!
Head over to ONE FM's Facebook Page @onefm913 and participate in our weekly Cooking as ONE contest and guess the DJ who cooked the dish of the week! Prizes to be given away, tune in to ONE FM 91.3 to find out more!