Cooking as ONE: Angel’s Vegan Dumplings
Cooking as ONE: Vegan Dumplings
Angel's Vegan Dumplings Recipe
*For 48 dumplings
- Thumb-sized of finely minced ginger
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 250g of your favourite mushrooms (Angel used portobello), finely chopped
- 1 firm tofu
- Dark soya sauce
- Sesame oil
- Nutmeg or Chinese 5 spice
- Spring onions
- Dumpling wrappers
- Make sure all the moisture of the tofu is absorbed by wrapping it in a tea towel
- Cut tofu in cubes
- Mix garlic, ginger, sugar, cornstarch, dark soya sauce, sesame oil, nutmeg, coriander, spring onions on a heated pan.
- Add the tofu cubes and mushrooms.
- Once cooked, allow it to cool.
- Place filling inside the dumpling skin, and wet the edges, and then fold them like a curry puff.
- Ready to serve!
Head over to ONE FM's Facebook Page @onefm913 and participate in our weekly Cooking as ONE contest and guess the DJ who cooked the dish of the week! Prizes to be given away, tune in to ONE FM 91.3 to find out more!