Cooking as ONE: Cheryl’s Chicken Soup
Cooking as ONE: Cheryl's Chicken Soup
Cheryl's Chicken Soup
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 3 ribs of celery, chopped
- Coriander (including leaves, roots, stem), chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- Garlic, chopped
- Bones of a whole chicken
- Butter to oil the pan
- Dried beans
- Chicken thighs and drumsticks
- Cheese rinds
- Dried porcini mushrooms
- Dried herbs
- Fusilli pasta
- Bacon bits
- Chili flakes
- For your stock, throw some ingredients into a pot - carrots, celery, coriander, red onion, garlic, peppercorn, and chicken bones.
- Cover the ingredients with enough water and season with salt.
- Simmer for 6 hours.
- Check the pot every now and then, and add more water along the way.
- Once the stock is done, strain the liquids, and discard the bones and vegetables. (Stock is enough for 2 portions)
- For your soup, sauté some garlic and onions in butter.
- Add in your stock, and some water.
- Add in carrots, celery, dried beans, and season with salt.
- Add in chicken thighs and drumsticks.
- Add in cheese rinds to the soup.
- Add in dried porcini mushrooms and dried herbs.
- Cover the pot and simmer on medium-low heat for 20 minutes.
- Top up with more water if necessary.
- Chuck in Fusilli pasta and cook for another 10 minutes.
- For serving, top with bacon bits, and chili flakes.
- And you’re done! Chicken soup made from scratch!
Head over to ONE FM's Facebook Page @onefm913 and participate in our weekly Cooking as ONE contest and guess the DJ who cooked the dish of the week! Prizes to be given away, tune in to ONE FM 91.3 to find out more!