Cooking as ONE: Simon’s Barley Laksa Risotto
Cooking as ONE: Simon's Barley Laksa Risotto
Simon's Barley Laksa Risotto
- Vegetable oil
- Light soya sauce
- Bird’s eye chilli
- White wine
- Cherry tomatoes
- Pearl Barley
- Laksa sauce
- Wash the snails in tap water and boil them in saltwater.
- Cook for 15 minutes to ensure that the meat is softened.
- Remove the meat of the snails from the shell.
- Squeeze fresh lime on the snails. Add a teaspoon of salt, mix and rinse with water.
- Heat two tablespoons of vegetable oil in your rice cooker. Add light soya sauce, slices of bird’s eye chilli, onions, garlic, a teaspoon of sugar, some white wine and give it a mix.
- Next, add pearl barley, mix and cook for 3 to 5 minutes. Add some laksa sauce.
- Repeat the process of wine and Laksa sauce until the barley is tender.
- Add in the prawns, calamari, and snails.
- Mix the ingredients, and add slices of cherry tomatoes.
- To finish, top off the dish with coriander.
- Ready to serve!
Head over to ONE FM's Facebook Page @onefm913 and participate in our weekly Cooking as ONE contest and guess the DJ who cooked the dish of the week! Prizes to be given away, tune in to ONE FM 91.3 to find out more!