Cooking as ONE: Simon’s Tom Yum Fried Rice
Cooking as ONE: Simon's Tom Yum Fried Rice
Simon's Tom Yum Fried Rice
- Kaffir lime leaves
- Crab stick meat
- 2 eggs
- Spring onions
- Cashew nuts
- Fish sauce
- Light soya sauce
- Bird’s eye chilli or chilli padi
- Vegetable oil
- Lime juice
- Fresh prawns and squids
- Cooked rice, Basmati preferred
- Tom Yum paste
- Heat 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil in your rice cooker.
- Add 1 tablespoon of fish sauce, 1 teaspoon of sugar, 2 tablespoons of lime juice, kaffir lime leaves, lemongrass, galangal, onions, and tom yum paste.
- Mix the ingredients well.
- Add the fresh prawns and squids, and mix well to infuse the flavours.
- Add in the crab stick meat, and then the tomatoes.
- Add in the eggs, and mix well.
- Add in the Basmati cooked rice, some light soya sauce, chilli padi, spring onions and stir well.
- Ready to serve!
Head over to ONE FM's Facebook Page @onefm913 and participate in our weekly Cooking as ONE contest and guess the DJ who cooked the dish of the week! Prizes to be given away, tune in to ONE FM 91.3 to find out more!