Exercise At Home: Simon’s Workout Routine
Exercise At Home: Simon's Workout Routine
Simon's Workout Routine
- Upper Body Workout - Using a clothes fork, stand with your feet apart, shoulder width, and hold the clothes fork with a wide grip. Twist from side to side and feel that stretch - 100 reps
- Triceps - Place one knee forward and the other bent down. Hold a laundry detergent container in one hand, tilt your arm to make a 45-degree angle. Place the other free arm on the corresponding leg at the lower thigh to keep a steady balance. - 4 sets of 15-20 reps, repeat action on other side.
*If your laundry detergent bottle is empty, recycle by adding water and ensure the cap is tight.
- Biceps - Using a pair of laundry detergent containers, filled with liquid or water, keep your back straight by using a chair, and concentrate the movement only in your biceps, as you make that lifting motion. - 4 sets of 15-25 reps
- Chest - Using a heavy object like a large fire extinguisher, or a plastic pail filled with books, stand with your feet, shoulder width apart. Lift the heavy object to the centre of your chest. - 4 sets of 15-25 reps
- Chest - Using a pair of filled mineral water bottles, begin with low punches and ascend to the middle punches and then high punches. Then descend to middle punches and low punches. For each level, do a set of 8 punches before ascending or descending.
- Full Body - Using a chair with arms, keep your legs together and firmly on the ground in an incline position. Do push ups, and breathe out as you go down, and breathe in as you come up. - 4 sets of 20-30 reps
- Full Body - Using a basic martial arts and body combat movement technique, do a front kick and 2 punches for each set. You may increase speed as you get used to the movement. - 12-15 sets
Head over to ONE FM's Facebook Page @onefm913 and participate in our weekly Exercise At Home contest and post your stay home workout video! Prizes to be given away, tune in to ONE FM 91.3 to find out more!